Arduino-based Input/output software
for DIY home cockpit simulator
ArdSimX - Troubleshooting
Follow these steps only if ArdSimX plugin didn't find your Arduino after you went through the previous "Getting started" steps.
1. General guidelines:
- Make sure you have correct version of ArdSimX library used when uploded sketch to Arduino board.
- Check your Arduino powering in case you have many devices connected to it. See this page for instructions.
2. LAN communication:
- Check your LAN connections, router settings, switch, make sure you're using the right cable.
- Check your firewall settings or admin settings and access rights.
- If you have more than one active network, make sure Arduino is connected to the same network that the plugin detects
- If Ethernet module has a sticker with MAC address, try to use it, adding the line in the "setup" section of Arduino code:
MAC_ADDR ( 0xXX, 0xXX, 0xXX, 0xXX, 0xXX, 0xXX ) // -- where 0xXX is the number as 0xDE etc.
- If you still have no auto-connection, you can try to define your Arduino IP and/or X-Plane IP addresses.
3. USB communication:
- Make sure you have commented (or deleted) the #include <Ethernet.h> line in your sketch.
- Some serial drivers on Windows and MasOS Sierra systems are known to cause problems. Trying different drivers might work.
- If X-Plane crashes just after the flight loading, try to remove other USB devices that communicate with computer using virtual serial port (like those bluetooth usb connectors used for smartphone communication programs etc.).
- The length and quality of USB cable can be a problem sometimes. Use a good cable.
- Use external power supply for all additional deviced connected to Arduino.
- In your Arduino IDE, check the name of the port your Arduino uses. ArdSimX for Mac supports port names starting with "/dev/tty.usb..." and "/dev/tty.wchusb...", for Linux supports port names starting with "/dev/ttyUSB" or "/dev/ttyACM". ArdSimX for Windows checks ports from COM1 to COM64. If your Arduino is using a different port name, please contact us and tell us the port name so we can make the appropriate changes in the plugin.