Thanks once again! got some bad info but still progressing.
Update: "Max 7219 LED's not lighting":
"I have connected the 7219 to the Mega 2560 as follows:
7219 - Pin #1 (DIN) to Pin #28 on Mega 2560
- Pin #2 (DIG0) to LED Negative leg
- Pins #4 & 9 to GND on Mega
- Pin #12(Load(CS)) to pin #27 on the Mega
- Pin #13(CLK) to pin 37 on the Mega (Also have 2K resistor connected to ground on this pin)
- Pin #19(V+) to 5V+ on Mega
- Pin #18(ISET) to 5V+ on Mega through the 22K resistor I use for my 7 segment displays
I have tried configuring Pin #37 on the Mega as LED Driver, Matrix and LED Driver, Serial. I have also tried different pins on the Mega. The LED's work when directly connected to the MEGA but I get no LED action through the MAX 7219. I assigned the LED Driver Matrix, pin 0 to AT_ARM_ON and have verified LED operation when directly connected to Mega, just nothing when connected through the 7219.
Please advise if you can see what I am doing wrong. (also Have checked voltage to 7219, and I have 5V+ to both sides of LED (Pin 2 (DIN 0) has +5V when measured with my meter) + side of LED connected to 5V+ on Mega and GND side connected to 7219 Pin #2(DIG 0)