SimVimCockpit Input/Output Interface
SimVim interfaces history
These projects are no longer supported, all their functionality having been displaced by SimVimCockpit.
ArdSimX Interface (since 2017 to v. 1.33 in July 2018) >>
- Configure buttons, switches, encoders, analog axes, rotary switches, LEDs, 7-segment displays, few stepper motors and PWM-gauges without any Arduino programming using online configurator (optionally, you can utilize button matrix, encoderextension port )
ArdSim Interface (v.1.2 late 2015 to v. 5.4 in 2017) >>
The predecessor to ArdSimX. Main differences:
- ArdSim library has a set of functions that you have to use in Arduino code to setup input controls and assign specific action (switch, encoder, LED etc.) for any Arduino pin. .
- Arduino programming (via use of ArdSim library functions) is required along with the config file creation. Need to familiarize yourself with library functions and X-Plane dataefs/commands
ARDref Library and Plugin (to July, 2015) >>
- The "transitional" library. Only worked with Ethernet, used several slave boards
- Focused on using a plugin with config files instead of Arduino programming.
- Many of its ideas, such as plugin transmitting initial configuration to Arduino, have been reused later for SimVImCockpit.
XPData Library for X-Plane data Input/Output (2014 to 2015) >>
- First Arduino library created, used built-in X-Plane UDP communication protocol to send input data to X-Plane.
- Had 2 different methods of receiving output data from X-Plane - one using X-Plane UDP protocol, and the other getting data from the early versions of ARDref plugin.
Baron 58 "stand-alone" code developments, (UDP tests, 2011-2012) >>
- The first test code to analize UDP packets from X-Plane, receive UDP packets from X-Plane and send commands to X-Plane. >>>
- Early programs for Baron 58 Panel (June 2012). Testing data receiving using X-Plane UDP DATA method only. >>>
- Testing of data input-output methods, Arduino code development for encoders, analog inputs, program speed optimisation etc.
About us, background - >>
Notes about Patreon
Patreon complements the usual donation options, but lets you support your favorite projects on monthly basis by donating small sum withdrawed every month from your PayPal. Only You can decide how much to pledge (any sum monthly), change amount or stop patronage at any time.
Even if you want to just give a one-time donation, you can subscribe and then unsubscribe after the 1st week of the month.
© Copyright 2012-2018 - SimVim